Care and Use:
To insure the proper break-in and conditioning of your new roller
our recommended break-in procedure is as follows:
1. Generously apply #00 lithographic varnish to the leather. Allow to set overnight.
2. Scrape the roller and roll up in #3 lithographic varnish. Allow the roller to sit overnight.
3. Scrape the rol.ler and roll up with #5 lithographic varnish. Allow to sit overnight.
4. Repeat this roll up with #7 lithographic varnish.
5. After rolling up with #7 varnish the leather nap may be pronounced, this is normal. With use, the nap will
slowly shorten as the roller becomes completely "broken in."
6. Following the roll up with #7 varnish, roll up in black ink
7. The roller may now be scraped and used for roll up and printing.
Note: We recommend Hanco Shop Mix Black for your roller. It is a medium stiff ink and takes
a long time to dry. Because of its slow drying time it will protect the roller and performs well for both
roll up and editioning.